Printable Math Worksheets -- A Great Way To Keep Kids Focused

Printable math worksheets might be just the answer to a problem that plagues teachers. How to keep kids focused on their work.

If you've ever taught, I'm sure you've had the problem of kids' minds wandering.

After all, if you're fourteen (or even, forty-five) there have to be a world of things more interesting than struggling with algebra.

I'm a professional teacher. I can't tell you how many times a day I tell my students to "stay on task." (That's teacherese for "quit daydreaming.")

Are there any solutions to this problem?

I know of at least one, but it's not what you would expect.

We teachers tend to get caught up in what's new, forgetting that we've been successfully teaching humans for literally thousands of years. So, sometimes its' the old, out-of-fashion stuff that will solve the problem, instead of some new flavor-of-the-week idea.

One way I solve the student attention problem is with the lowly worksheet.

Worksheets, when used with judgement and discression, are a great way to make students focus on a specific type of problem.

If, for instance, students are having trouble factoring, well, more practice with a few well thought out math worksheets could be the answer.

You can monitor a student's progress easily with worksheets. It's easy to see when a student is not working, for instance. It's also very easy to see if she understands the concept.

Don't forget the lowly printable math worksheet!

Although it reminds me a lot of when we went to school, worksheets might be an idea we want to keep.

There are a number of sites on the Net where you can download math worksheets.

Also, here's a subscription based website that gives you access to not only more worksheets than you could ever use, but a lot of other teaching tools.

Just click here to access it.

I'd love to know about your experiences with math worksheets. Just let me know.